Studiemeesters consists of a group of specialised, committed professionals with extensive experience. We have been offering effective study coaching to master’s and bachelor’s students since 2011. We also host a comfortable study hall where students can study and read in full concentration. We are located in Amsterdam, Eindhoven and Leiden, but we also offer our services Online.
Students looking to boost their performance often meet two challenges: they are limited by their procrastination habits and they do not have sufficient understanding of the material. These two challenges form a vicious circle: a procrastinator will never progress effectively and a student struggling with a task will put it off. This is why Studiemeesters coaches invest equally in substantive progress and motivation. Thanks to this combination, students cover a lot of ground within a short period.
Students are enthusiastic about our coaching. Read the uncensored reviews here.
- Anne studied Child Development (BSc), followed by the Research Master Child Development and Education (MSc, UvA). She did a PhD about childhood aggression (Department of Biological Psychology, VU). At Studiemeesters Anne helps students who struggle with statistics, either in courses or for their thesis. In addition, she likes to brainstorm about research, with formulating the right research question or writing a story that flows logically and is comprehendible.
- Eric is an editor. He has extensive experience with a scientific publisher. Erik is our text editing specialist.
- Fieke studied Communication (BSc) and Education (MSc). She holds a Bachelor of Education in Dutch (BEd) and Special Education. She is currently employed as a lecturer and specialises in students with dyslexia, ADHD, ADD and ASS. Fieke works with Studiemeesters as a study coach, tutor and thesis coach.
- Gerard studied physics and chemistry at Leiden University and obtained a PhD in physics. Following his education he worked at Shell for 33 years in different R&D and technology jobs. Gerard works with Studiemeesters as a thesis coach.
- Hermine studied law and graduated in Dutch Law (LL.M.) She has extensive experience as a lawyer (advocate) and as a judge in administrative law. She also worked on the international level in the field of human rights and in the field of education, training and coaching of legal professionals. Currently she has her own coaching practice for people who experience difficulties in their private or professional lives. Hermine is available for study and thesis counselling and for tutoring for legal studies.
- Ivar is an anthropologist (BSc) and political scientist (MSc). As a researcher with the UvA, he acquired experience as a seminar lecturer and trainer. He currently facilitates trainings with Diversity Joy and is a research advisor at a university. Ivar works with Studiemeesters as a study day supervisor, coaches students with theses and papers and tutors in areas such as English and DMO.
- Jos studied Psychology (MSc), Philosophy (MSc) and Sociology (MSc). He has acquired experience in web design and homework coaching. Jos is a lecturer at the UvA and provides extensive coaching with Studiemeesters: from thesis and study day coaching to ‘fear of failure’ training and help with data analysis in Stata.
- Kinge (MPhil) is the most experienced study coach in the Netherlands and the founder of Studiemeesters. She works as a tutor and thesis coach in wide-ranging areas.
- Madeleine has a BSc in political sciences with a specialisation in international relations and organizations. Currently, she is working toward an MSc in international politics focusing on conflicts. She likes to teach statistics and is experienced in helping students with ADHD, ADD, ASD and dyslexia. At Studiemeesters Madeleine works as a tutor, thesis coach and study day supervisor.
- Marion completed the second-degree teacher training Consumptive Techniques (current HBR) at the HvA, followed by a master’s degree in Forensic Orthopedagogics at the UvA (MSc). Shw worked at both Tio University of Applied Sciences and the HvA as a thesis supervisor and as a research teacher (research skills, APA, SPSS, etc.). With Studiemeesters, Marion works as a thesis coach and tutor data analysis (both qualitative and quantitative data, using SPSS). She also supports correcting referencing, using the APA rules.
- Martina is an accountant. Following her master’s degree in Accountancy & Controlling (MSc), she was employed by Deloitte for several years. She currently conducts inspections at organisations, advises SME companies in all aspects of their operations and trains colleagues to better apply law and legislation. Martina works with Studiemeesters as an accountancy tutor and thesis coach.
- Maurits studied Law (LL.M.) and worked at different companies, e.g. ZyLAB technologies and Baker Mckenzie. Maurits works with Studiemeesters as a tutor and thesis coach.
- Merve studied Clinical and Cognitive Neuropsychology (BSc) and Clinical Psychology and Labour and Organisation Psychology. She was employed as a psychologist and junior researcher at a research firm in the field of government policy issues. Merve works with Studiemeesters as a tutor and thesis coach.
- Mohamed is a biomedical scientist (PhD) and is employed as a senior researcher in an academic hospital. He coaches theses in the area of (bio)medical sciences and is a tutor.
- Noortje studied Management, Economics & Law (BSc) and Organisation, Culture & Management (MSc). She has accumulated extensive experience as an HR advisor and business partner at various organisations. Noortje works with Studiemeesters as a tutor and thesis coach.
- Renée has expertise in the healthcare sector (health sciences, youth care, medical studies) and graduated cum laude from the master Health Sciences at VU University Amsterdam. After that she did a PhD and gained a lot of experience as a researcher. Renée works with Studiemeesters as a thesis supervisor for all social studies, from start to finish, HBO and WO, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Sander completed a bachelor’s degree in Economics & Business (BSc) and a Master’s in Business Administration (MSc). Sander works with Studiemeesters as a tutor and thesis coach in areas including commercial economics, business administration, finance, statistics and small business.
- Shanice studied history (BA) in Amsterdam and North American Studies (MA) in Leiden. She interned at the Embassy of the Netherlands in Washington D.C. and conducted research at the KITLV in Leiden. At Studiemeesters she works as a tutor and thesis coach and helps students that would like to improve their academic English.
- Stefan is a Dutch language specialist (MSc). He specialised in marketing communication and was employed in international business. Stefan launched his own advice firm for businesses and institutions ten years ago. He also works as a lecturer for the university course ‘Introduction to Graduation’. Stefan works with Studiemeesters as a tutor, study day supervisor and thesis coach.
- Stijn completed a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (B Eng) and a pre-master in Mechanical Engineering. He is currently finishing a master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering at the TU Delft. Stijn worked as a Mechanical Engineer at a machine manufacturer and works with Studiemeesters as a tutor.
Studiemeesters always has room for great new coaches. View our vacancy page to see which specialists we are currently looking for.
Jelle forms our official office team. He schedules appointments for you and answers all your questions.
Rolita, Stefan and Ita are our head coaches. During your intake, they will take stock of your needs and wishes and advise about obtaining you academic objective with study coaching. You will regularly discuss your progress with a head coach, so that we can make sure that you’re satisfied with what we’re doing.
Sandra is at the head of the central office. She will answer all your questions concerning invoicing and payments.